Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Soundtrack of My Life: A Mix Tape

1. Wake Up by The Arcade Fire
This song makes me feel like I've just accomplished
the greatest reward in the world. Every time a perfect
moment occurs in my life, this song is the one that is
roaring in my ears. It's hopeful and utterly inspiring.
It's the song that'll be in my head when I die and transform.

2. Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups
This song is a car stereo necessity. It's an "I'm embarking
on an adventure" kinda song. Very upbeat and bizarre.. like me on
a good day.

3. Pretty Girl from Cedar Lane by The Avett Brothers
First and foremost, The Avett Brothers are one of my all time
favorite bands. And what's awesome about this song is
that I feel like it's written about my experiences with
some oddball guys. But what's even better
is that when I was kid I grew up on Cedar Lane. :)

4. Good Enough by Evanescence
Evanescence has been my favorite band from the 6th grade
to the 10th grade. They're still one of my all-time faves as well.
This song describes my perfect love and how I'd express myself.
It's like she wrote it for me.

5. Change by The Deftones
This song has been the anthem for my tumultous
friendships I've had over the recent years. It's
perfectly angry and honest and asserting. I love it!

6. The Sea & the Rhythm by Iron & Wine, also Beneath the Balcony
These songs are so sensual, sweet, spiritual, and quiet.
I love to do art while listening to them, or just close my
eyes and relax with my iPod.

7. In the Throes by Liz Durrett
This song was my anthem during a very very depressing
time in my life when me and my best friend got grounded
over the summer. Long story.

8. Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon
Every christmas my mom's side of the family gets
wasted in a sleepy small town in New Hampshire
and sings this song together as a family. My mother
has six sisters and a brother. It's tradition. I love them.

9. Allman Brothers
Me and my father have found common ground because
of them.

10. Keep Ya Head Up by 2Pac
It's inspiring. His voice is sexy. Period!

11. Anyone Else But You by The Moldy Peaches
I played this to death in my mom's PT Cruiser the day
and months following my first real heartbreak.

12. Tire Swing by Kimya Dawson
Same reason.

There are countless other songs I want to list but that'd take me all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment